Cant Resize, not even from boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by DanStates, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanStates

DanStates Registered Member

Hello, Im using partition expert 2003 on a Windows 2000 Advacned Server machine. I have one hard disk with 3 partitions. I have my C partition already full. Its a 4 GB partition marked primary and active(it has a red flag on top) I have 2 other partiotiosn, marked only as primary (green flags on them)

I have 8 gb of unallocated space after my C partition and I want to add them to that partition. I couldnt do it by rezising, although it doesnt give and error, it doesnt allow me to select the new size. I tried to add that size to partition D, succedeed and then tried to increase free size from C taking it from D, it says C has reached the maximum size and so the operation cant be done.

I tried booting from the set of boot disks the program made, but after putting in the last one it gives a error that it wasnt able to boot the ramdisk properly.

Any ideas?
    Dani

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dani,

Thank you for choosing Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

First of all, please make sure you use the latest (292) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Please try to decrease the size of the D partition first and then increase C partition. To do that please right click on the D partition and choose "Resize" option. Then choose the appropriate size. Repeat the procedure with C partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. DanStates

DanStates Registered Member

Hi,
    I tried to get the update but it didnt work.
    It gives the error:
    The requested URL '/partitionexpert2003.292_s_en.exe' was not found on this server.

After updating I will try again and post back.

Thanks for your help
    -Dan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

We have checked the link and it works fine. Please try to download the latest build once again. If the problem still persists please send me a private message with the full link you are using (please do not post the link on the open forum).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.