Can't resize my partition, bad sector?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by acmd1633, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acmd1633

acmd1633 Registered Member

I partitioned my HD (Win XP) a few years ago using Partition Magic. Now one of the partitions is filling up so I wanted to move free space from the c: drive to the drive that's almost filled. Partition Magic could't do it; it said error 1527 bad sector. I used the CHKDSK program and a utility from Western Digital, neither found a bad sector. I uninstalled Partition Magic and bought Acronis Disk Detector thinking it was a software issue, but ADD won't let me resize the partition either. Do I have to reformat the HD and reinstall windows? Why won't these 2 programs let me resize these partitions?

ACMD1633

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acmd1633,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please download the latest build (554) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Then please see whether the problem persists. If the problem remains please create Acronis Report (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. acmd1633

acmd1633 Registered Member

This is the most usless software and the worst customer service of any company. There is no phone number to call for tech support. I have even sent an email with the required information for paid tech support 3 times and still no response after 4 days. Nice waste of $50 for software that doesn't work from a company that doesn't communicate with it's customers who are willing to pay high prices for tech support. Thanks for nothing!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acmd1633,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.