Can't renew

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by susieq72, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susieq72

susieq72 Registered Member

How does one renew if they can't remember the email they signed up with? And the link from within the program telling me to click to renew does nothing? And with no one in customer service responding to my emails? Any suggestions?o_O

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Do you remember the reseller who sold you the original license or was it from Eset directly?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you provider the username portion of your license (the part that begins with AV- or EAV-) to the ESET reseller or sales person, they should be able to send license renewal information to the email address on file for it, although it may take them a bit to look it up, depending upon when the license was ordered and with whom it was originally placed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. susieq72

I bought it directly from Eset. The email address I signed up with I no longer have so I can't have them send me my information.

I got an email from Eset but was just an automatic response saying they will get to me shortly. I don't have a lot of time to renew so I may have to go with another product if I don't hear back from them today.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  5. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Why would you have to "go with another product"o_O?

6. susieq72

Uh...because I can't renew :rolleyes:

7. susieq72

After being on hold for 25 minutes, I finally got the information needed to renew. Now, three hours later, I still have no username & password even though I was told it would be one hour...Just giving my experience for others. I may end up having to do a chargeback. Maybe nod32 is not worth the headach:ouch:

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the new renewal process through ESET or even through a reseller is painful but all you have to do is keep track of three pieces of information..

NOD32 Username
    NOD32 Password
    Expiration date

You bought these - they are your - you need to keep them safe!

Yes, you can get them resent to your original email address automatically - which is ok if you use an email address you will never lose control of, but if you can imagine a scenario where this MIGHT happen (ISP changes name, you change job etc) - you should use a gmail.com or hotmail account to order from.

If this all fails - ESET can help you on the phone - but be prepared for this to take a while and you have to decide if the time spent on the phone is worth it to you.

All in all - the easiest thing to do is to PRINT THE EMAIL and keep that in your paperwork and other important files - because the time spent getting the mess sorted out if you lose this information isn't worth the $12 savings between a new license and a renewal!

9. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have contacted you via private message.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.