Can't Remove Hitman Pro 3.7

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by johndoe3815, Jun 8, 2018.

1. johndoe3815

johndoe3815 Registered Member

I am about to go nuts here. I have tried and tried to remove Hitman Pro 3.7 from my Windows 7 system but can't get it to budge. Everytime I enter the Programs and Features under Control Panel and try to remove it there, it does nothing. I can remove other programs, but when it comes to that blasted one, I can't! If anyone has a suggestion I would like to know it. I am tired of looking through the search and seeing the same response from people like they think they are talking to 3 year olds. That response of course is the one I already know and have already tried long before I came looking here.

2. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

@johndoe3815,
    Is HitmanPro 3.8 on your system?
    In that case, the HitmanPro 3.7 entry in Programs and Features is only a remnant, it doesn't do anything.
    If you have HitmanPro 3.8 on your system, have you opened it lately, so that it updated to 3.8.0.294? If not, please do. The May 29 build 294 fixed the "uninstall of older HitmanPro version after upgrading to 3.8". With some luck, it may remove the version 3.7 remnant from Programs and Features.
    If that did not help, uninstalling version 3.8 may help. Uninstalling version 3.8 will also remove the version 3.7 remnant from Programs and Features, if I remember correctly from my own experience. (If not, it can then be removed from Programs and Features.) And after that, you can reinstall version 3.8, and all should be well.

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Hitman Pro does not really install, it just copies itself and creates some entries. You can remove it manually or using an uninstaller, like https://geekuninstaller.com (forced uninstall).

4. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.