Can't reinstall Nod32..error code 2908

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dannyeluciane, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Hello,

Today I uninstalled Nod32 Antivirus v. 3 to try the Eset Smart Security Beta. As I was installing Eset Smart Security I received an error message about an unexpected error, error code 2908. I aborted the installation and tried reinstalling Nod32 Antivirus v.3 (Portuguese version). Again I am receiving the message error code 2908. I am trying to reinstall the Portuguese version.

Does anyone know what error code 2908 is? I tried searching it and found nothing? Does anyone know how I can reinstall Nod32?

I am using the Windows 7 beta. I installed the Windows 7 to try it out when it was released to the public. Nod32 was working great with it. If I have to I will format the computer and install Windows XP.

Security programs I use:
    Windows Firewall
    Windows Defender
    DefenseWall
    Malwarebytes' antimalware.

I took a snap shot of the error message, but I don't know how to attach it to this message.

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Danny

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Since you're using the beta OS I suggest you try the beta AV. :)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

MS says that error 2908 means "Could not register component". The best would be to create an installation log and convey it to customer care for perusal.

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Make sure you run its installation file as trusted.

5. dannyeluciane

dannyeluciane Registered Member

Re: Can't reinstall Nod32..error code 2908 (SOLVED)

I wanted to report back that the problem is solved. I thank you all for the help. Ilya Rabinovich was correct, the problem was that I wasn't running the Nod32 installation as trusted.

@Ilya Rabinovich, thank you for reminding me that I need to run the installation file as trusted. I recently downloaded DefenseWall and still am new to the program. It works great with Nod32.

@elapsed, thank you for your suggestion. I installed the Eset Smart Security beta 4. Like Nod32 Antivirus, it is easy to use. After my antivirus subscription runs out I will buy the Eset Smart Security.

@Marcos, thank you... I didn't know what error code 2908 meant. You mentioned that I could contact customer care, just for future reference how do I enter into contact with customer care. I bought Nod32 Antivirus from eset.com.br, do I go through their site?

Again thanks everyone, :)
    Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.