Can't recover: usb.c error getting string descriptor 0 (error=-110)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nazgulled, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nazgulled

Nazgulled Registered Member

Before you guys say anything, just let me tell you that I've searched the forum, found some posts about this and couldn't fix it, so I'll explain what I did:

For now, I'm trying to "backup" a few and small files do a CD-RW (note, not a dvd) and burn directly to the cd with TI (currently using build 3567). With it, I include both the full and safe versions of TI.

I can boot into the safe version without any problem, however, it doesn't recognize my dvd drive. Using the full version, I can't boot cause of the error on the topic title. I tried the "quiet acpi=off noapic" thing and also disabled "Legacy USB Support" on my bios and they both failed. I'm trying all this on my laptop and I didn't have any usb things plugged in besides my wireless mouse, however, I also tried it with the wireless receiver unplugged (usb legacy enabled and no acpi switch; should I try with any of these and the receiver unplugged?). The only other things plugged in, are the AC adapter and the lan cable that goes to my router, I don't think these have anything to do with the problem here... I suppose...

How can I use TI in these conditions if I can't access the dvd drive to restore my backups? Anyway to fix? I didn't had time yet to test on the latest build, but will that make any difference?

2. Nazgulled

I just found out that actually (on my system at least) the message "usb.c error getting string descriptor 0 (error=-110)" appears exactly 22 times and then, TI starts just fine, I was able to select the recover option and the dvd drive was there with a tib file on it for me to select and recover. all this with the wireless mouse working... I just don't get with we have to see it 22 times, one could be enough...

Cause, On my linux system, I have a related problem to usb and it also appears "string descriptor", however, everything usb related works...

3. Nazgulled

but, isn't there a way to avoid theses messages, show it just once? or at least, fix it so it only shows once...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nazgulled,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please create the new bootable rescue media with the latest build and see whether the problem still persists.

If the problem remains with the latest build, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet nousb2, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.