Can't open taskmgr.exe or regedit

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by stride1978, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stride1978

stride1978 Registered Member

Can someone help. I am running XP pro SP1.

The last couple of days my PC has been playing up a bit and I suspect that I have a virus. I use AVG 6 with the latest engine and no virus is detected. I have used adaware and Spybot S&D and both find nothing major.

What the problem is, is that when I browsing the web and I click on a link that open a new window, the new window does appear, but is minimised on the task bar and I have to manually open it by right clicking the mouse and selecting maximise. I also cannot open up taskmgr.exe or regedit.exe. These do open, but only for a second then they disappear. Taskmgr.exe actually does appear in the taskbar, but when i mve the mouse near it, it disappears.

I have tried various antivirus removal tools, but they are not helping since they are not for the virus I have suspected it was. Has anyone had this problem, and how did you fix it?

2. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Re:XP Sp1 help

Online Virus scan tool ?!

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Re:XP Sp1 help

Have you used dedicated Anti-Trojan Scanner? Configured&Updated? And Scanned manually the ALL the local HDDs?

4. stride1978

stride1978 Registered Member

I have not, but will and will keep you informed. Thanks for the ultra quick reply. Is this something you have heard of?

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Yea what you are experiencing appears to be what I dealt with many of times before on other peoples machines.

6. izi

izi Registered Member

Hello!

Try Clrav tool. [ftp=ftp://ftp.kaspersky.ru/utils/clrav.zip]ftp://ftp.kaspersky.ru/utils/clrav.zip[/ftp] Great tool!!!

Izi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.