cant not run any files

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by yvesj, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

hi .am having a problem running my files .now when i download a file and i extract the file i do have the icon on my desktop page .now avery time i double click on it to run it i do get that message {tabctl 32 ocx }what do i have to do to fix that .i was able to run 2 of them but i cant not run thr rest of it .i have been trying for 2 days now . i did upgrade my winzip .upgrade winrar .i try every thing i know of .but am new to computer so i dont know any more .
    yvesj o_O

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

tabctl32.ocx is a "control" or to put it in easier terms, is what can be used to make a program look a certain way. This control allows a program to display the different tabs you may see. Definition: (tabctl32.ocx is an ActiveX control module which contains SSTab control used for Tabbed Dialog Control)

If it is giving you an error about that control, it means that the program can't find it.

Try looking at this link and follow the steps: http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=TABCTL32.OCX

It will walk you through how to download and replace the tabctl32.ocx file.

If you don't feel safe about replacing your exisiting tabctl32 file, just save the file you download in the same place that the program is running from.

Let us know how it goes.

3. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

hi capp . am late to reply to you .i been trying to fix it but no go .i did download .{tabctl32.ocx}AND AFTER EVERY DOWNLOAD I DID TRY 2 OR 3 FILE I WANT to run and am getting the same eror .rigth now am downloading the library file .and not to good with computer so it really hard for me .i did try in the run program .but every time i try to use that .all i get for answer is cant not find file .even if i type exactly the same word .so i dont know .when you are new to computer it not funny .i did run some other file but not o_O the one i want .there is about 10 file i cant use but only 2 of them work on the run . so i will let you know later or am doing with {library]

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Try this.

You need the exact file path to where you saved the tabctl32.ocx (i.e. c:\documents and settings\owner\desktop\new folder\tabctl32.ocx) or whatever yours is

1) Click Start
    2) Click Run

3)Type this in: Regsvr32 c:\documents and settings\owner\desktop\new folder\tabctl32.ocx

*Remember, use the file path to where YOU saved it. Not what I posted above, that is just an example

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.