Can't mount a Image with Ver 8 build 937

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by storage_man, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

I don't know if Acronis is supporting Ver 8 any more, but Mounting of a Image used to work. Yesterday I needed to get a file from one of my image backups. What I get when I try to mount the image is "Can't Assign Drive Letter".

Now I have tried every possible available drive letter, I have tried images from 2 different machines and (I keep my images on USB attached hard disks) I even moved a image to my main hard disk with no avail. This keeps failing. I checked out this entry out: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=134325

I verified everything that was recommended. All is correct. This used to work in a build before 937. I know because I did it.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thx - Roger

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Roger,

If not already done try a straightforward reinstall of your TI 8.0 Build 937. Reinstalling often cures all manner of ailments ;).

Regards

3. storage_man

Menorcaman

Tried the clean re-install - didn't make a difference. Thx for the suggestion anyways.

Roger

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello storage_man,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please have a look at this forum post by Alexey. Perform the actions described in this post and if the issue persists, collect the requested information and submit a request for technical support. Also attach the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi storage_man,

I'm sure I have come across this in the past and it was something trivial like a resource issue. How are you for system disk space, RAM etc.

I know this seems like an unlikely long shot - but it really was something trivial in my case - I just can't remember what it was o_O

I don't think it is anything to do with 937 - I found that a very solid release.

Good luck, and please post back if you sort it.

F

6. storage_man

Foghorne

I thought about that, but I have plenty of disk space both on my system disks, and the USB attached disk where the images reside. I also have plenty of memory available. Somthing must of have changed, because prior to 937 I was able to view any image. If you remember some think, I would appreciate it.

Aleksandr Isakov

I followed your post and recomendations. I have sent in and referenced this forum entry along with all of the other data that your links requested. As soon as I can get a tracking number, I will follow up.

Thanks for your help

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.