Can't mount a Image with Ver 8 build 937

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by storage_man, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

I don't know if Acronis is supporting Ver 8 any more, but Mounting of a Image used to work. Yesterday I needed to get a file from one of my image backups. What I get when I try to mount the image is "Can't Assign Drive Letter".

Now I have tried every possible available drive letter, I have tried images from 2 different machines and (I keep my images on USB attached hard disks) I even moved a image to my main hard disk with no avail. This keeps failing. I checked out this entry out: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=134325

I verified everything that was recommended. All is correct. This used to work in a build before 937. I know because I did it.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thx - Roger

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Roger,

If not already done try a straightforward reinstall of your TI 8.0 Build 937. Reinstalling often cures all manner of ailments ;).

Regards

3. storage_man

Menorcaman

Tried the clean re-install - didn't make a difference. Thx for the suggestion anyways.

Roger

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello storage_man,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please have a look at this forum post by Alexey. Perform the actions described in this post and if the issue persists, collect the requested information and submit a request for technical support. Also attach the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi storage_man,

I'm sure I have come across this in the past and it was something trivial like a resource issue. How are you for system disk space, RAM etc.

I know this seems like an unlikely long shot - but it really was something trivial in my case - I just can't remember what it was o_O

I don't think it is anything to do with 937 - I found that a very solid release.

Good luck, and please post back if you sort it.

F

6. storage_man

Foghorne

I thought about that, but I have plenty of disk space both on my system disks, and the USB attached disk where the images reside. I also have plenty of memory available. Somthing must of have changed, because prior to 937 I was able to view any image. If you remember some think, I would appreciate it.

Aleksandr Isakov

I followed your post and recomendations. I have sent in and referenced this forum entry along with all of the other data that your links requested. As soon as I can get a tracking number, I will follow up.

Thanks for your help

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.