Cant make back up to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by COnfused Newbe, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After installing True Image 8.0 I tried to make a back up( image) of my hard drive. All is Ok until it says to Put in media. I have put in several new DVD's but each time it gives an error that it could not read due to poor media. I noticed that my D: drive is listed as a CD drive not a DVD drive as is installed. I have up dated drivers and rebooted but it still IDs as a CD drive. Is this the problem, if so how do I fix it? Any other ideas? Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you have any version of packet writing software? Examples are Roxio Drag-to-Disc and Nero InCD? If so, format the DVD+RW or DVD-RW disks with this utility. Note these are not DVD+R or DVD-R.

Try the backup again with the formatted DVD+RW or DVD-RW disk. That should solve the problem.

True Image sees all opitica disks as CD whether they are CD-RW or DVD burners. Don't worry, that's just a trivial bug. A DVD writer will write a full 4.3GB (4,700,000,000 bytes) to a DVD disk.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello COnfused Newbe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The current version of Acronis True Image does not write to DVD disсs directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. We may recommend you to install a UDF packet DVD writing software such as Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD, format DVD disсs by means of this software and then use formatted disсs with Acronis True Image.

Please note that a possible workaround is to create image archives on local or network hard drives specifying the image archive split size and burn them to DVDs later.

Please also follow the next link to get more information about writing on DVD: http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/faq.html#20.

We will certainly implement direct DVD recording in Acronis True Image in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Thank you I will try to format the DVD first then try the back up process. Do they have to BE DVD-RW or can I use DVD-R? I have Nero 6.6 will that work? Again I thank you for all your help.

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Read the TI manual/FAQ:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.