Cant login in my GMAIL account

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by distressed_soul, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am facing a strange problem... I have this beta gmail account... but i cant login in that account... everytime i try to login... it says Gmail neeks Cookies to be saved in your computer... i have tried to change the settings of IE but its no use... where as my frnd can login in my account from his place... my yahoo mail is opening but i am really pissed of why this gmail is not... why wud it say everythine that i need to set the settings of my IE to accept cookies... if the settings are not set to accept cookies then why am i logged in to yahoo mail directly without being asked for the pasword when i logged in in ypager.....

I need help... pls suggest me what cud be the prob or what is wrong...

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

you can try adding Gmail's site in the PRIVACY section of Internet Options. just click edit and enter "*.google.com" without the quotes and hit ALLOW.

BTW you can get a FREE 1GB mailbox from www.rediff.com and if you're in or near USA you can try the USA version. its totally free and gives you a total of 10MB attachment option. it uses F-Secure as its scanner.

3. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

I personally don"t know why everyone is so excited about Gmail..when there are so many other options available now...all the major companies are now competing to serve you...Yahoo...Google....now even Hotmail is updating it"s free e-mail to 250mb storage...and Spymac offers 1GB storage..so as the e-mail wars continue...we are the ones to benefit :cool:

Hotmail Update Article

Spymac 1GB E-Mail

4. Thanks a lot AMRX for helping me... i tried what you have asked me to do... but unfortunately its telling the same thing... i installed opera and gmail doesnt support opera yet... all IE based browsers failed to log me in... i cud log in with navigator at last... its still a mystery to me that what cud be the problem... neways thanks again for your help :)

Mullyman its not the question to be after gmail when there are other mails... yes i do use yahoo and had been doing so for a long time... it was just the fact that i got an invitation to make a beta account with gmail, and i made it... and i wanted to use it and maybe it wud have helped google somehow... so its not the question of why GMAIL only and not any other mails... moreover i got interested in this fact that why it wud tel me that cookie thing and wont let me login where as my frnd cud login... i have my cookies and javascript enable stil its saying the same thing repeatedly... thats why i came here to know what cud be the posible reason behind such a problem... neways thanks a lot for you time and effort too... :)

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You might try deleting all cookies relating to G-Mail and then try to login again. sometimes cookies change from one login to the next and your's might not have grabbed to new one, it couldn't hurt.

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Try trashing all your TIFS/Cookies out of your Temporary IE Files folders, but manually go to the folders to check.

Of course keep cookies you are totally familiar with and know which ones you need to keep. Lose the rest.

similar to BigC but...........

Also, have you tried the HomePage of it [without the log-in] and see if there is a 'Help Can't Log In' style of support.

Try email from OE to them.

TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.