Can't Login After Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by groger, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groger

groger Registered Member

I first setup windows xp sp1 and some programs on computer 3. I then ran sysprep (sp2) in the reseal mode to create a new image and restored that image to computer 2. Both computers seemed to work well, but I may have not tried all the logins.

I then installed some additional programs onto computer 3, ran sysprep (this time sp1) in the reseal mode, and recovered the new image to computers 4 and 5.

Now I can't login to ANY of the accounts on computers 3, 4, and 5... and I can't login to administrator on computer 2. However, I can login to the other account on computer 2.

So, basically I'm locked out of three of the computers and only one account works on the fourth. Could it be because I used a different version of sysprep before creating the second image? Could it be because I disabled the Welcome screen before creating the second image? Any ideas??

Thanks,
    Moishe

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Moishe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please tell what exactly happens when you boot up the computer and input the username and password?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. groger

groger Registered Member

It says the username or password is invalid... as if I typed in the wrong password. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello groger,

This is really strange. The data stored in the partition cannot change when you restore the image. Please make sure you are inputting the account details (i.e. username and password) correctly. If theproblem persists pease send the detailed description of how you have used the sysprep tool to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.