Cant load web pages

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by AnthonyG, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi I thought i would give LnS another trial as it scored very highly on tests.
    However after i have installed the program and everything seems to have gone fine i went to go online i have allowed access to everything it asked for including all aol options and Firefox. However all my web pages are not loading it is saying "page can not be found" i disable LnS (by going to quit) and everything is fine, i re-enable and again no pages work.

How do i get my web pages to work while runnig LnS.

Thanks

2. Lowryder

Lowryder Guest

Hi Anthony1uk,

What rule-set are you using? If you are having a problem,try another ruleset,if it is a dns resoultion problem,the link I had for you seems to be down the past day,too bad it was very helpful.
    That would have helped you out,for DnS problems,once you have your Dns Rule allow activated it should work without any problems,put a wrong address and you will have problem,connecting to the web,if the link for the DnS help webpage comes back on-line I'll post it here A.S.A.P.Do you know your DnS address(s)?

3. AnthonyG

Thanks but how do i go about changing rulesets and what would you recommend changing it to.

I use Aol broadband 1mbt if that is any help

Thanks

4. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Registered Member

Try this:
    Go to Options tab, press Advanced options, uncheck entry related to DNS on the list, if it is checked. Press Apply if needed.

However unusual, maybe your PC may be trying to perform name resolution with TCP instead of UDP. Clone "UDP : Authorize name resolution (DNS)" rule and change UDP to TCP.

Also, open command line and run "nslookup www.yahoo.com". Does it return error?

X.

5. Lowryder

Lowryder Guest

If you want to load a new rule-set,go to the Internet filtering tab on LnS
    and look for the Load box,click on it,usually by default look"n"stop should be right there and you will see at another rule-set hightlight click on,apply and see how that works for you there is also Phantoms v-6 rule-set which I like the best,but it up to you,if you are having problems,make sure your DnS rules are activated and Boot /DHCP if needed and you should have no problems,if you every go to load and you don't see the
    look"stop folder browse to c:program files/soft4ever,also you must put your new rule-set in there,like Phantoms ruleset,but that you would put it in from finding the soft4ever folder in program files,good luck

6. AnthonyG

the DNS box was already unchecked.

I tried running what you said in command prompt and got this error. (see below)

I dont know how to do (or even understand) the other thing you said to do.

Is there anything i can do to fix this or is it unfixable

Thanks

Attached Files:

7. Hexaguano

Hexaguano Registered Member

8. AnthonyG

Changed rule sets like you said, sill no joy.

How exacty do i do this

Thanks

9. AnthonyG

10. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Registered Member

Go to Internet Filtering tab. Check that item ""UDP : Authorize name resolution (DNS)" does NOT have 'stop sign' in front (if yes, click the sign to remove it).

Also, try to uncheck 'Internet filtering enabled' and Apply (if needed). Check with your browser. That would verify that problem is with the rules. Then check & Apply again to be protected.

You can also post a screenshot of this tab, with all rules visible.
    X

11. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Registered Member

It IS newbie friendly. It is just not the best one for people not acquainted with networking.

X.

12. AnthonyG

Here is a screen shot of my filtering.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Attached Files:

13. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Anthony1uk

You mentioned about disabling Look 'n' Stop, by what means do you disable Look 'n' Stop? via "Exit"? or a check for "Internet filtering enabled" shown in "Internet Filtering" screen?

14. AnthonyG

By right click on task bar then quit.

15. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

OK, next time the problem returns, try checking "Application filtering enabled" shown in "Application Filtering" screen, and start browsing... This help? if not, re-enable Application filtering layer and then goto "Internet Filtering" screen and check "Internet filtering enabled", start browsing... This help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.