Can't install

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Joliet Jake, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I made a partition on my hard drive and installed my OS there (XP Home), unfortunatly (stupidly??):D my boot drive is 'H:' and the other spare partition on the hard drive is 'C:', now I find I cannot install FD-ISR because-'First Defense ISR requires that the Windows system volume be the boot volume'.

How can I fix this without having to format and re install windows on the other partition?

Thanks.

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Jake,

I don't get it o_O Why can't you install FD-ISR on H?

FD-ISR requires a C: Drive to be on the box (to use RSS copy engine), but not necessarily being the boot drive.

On my main box I have E: as my system / boot drive and FD-ISR installed & runs fine. The only issue I have is that I need to use the MS copy engine VSS.

...screamer

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
  3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I'm not at all sure why this happened but as it goes I formatted that partition, repartitioned my primary HD then re installed my OS and other apps. FD-ISR installed sweetly after that!

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That's because you RE-INSTALLED Windows from scratch and all your applications after that and that's why I also don't have any problems with FDISR either, because I did the same thing.

Installing FDISR on a already installed harddisk is always risky, because your harddisk might have stuff on it, that conflicts with FDISR.
    Keep in mind that each installed software changes your harddisk and Windows and that most softwares leave traces behind, when they are removed and that might cause problems sooner or later.

5. screamer

@Erik, You're missing the point. Jake -Had A Clean Disk. His issue was its Alpha designation: H: instead of C:

@Jake, glad to hear you're back in the game.

...screamer

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes you are right, I think I had Ciderman too much in my mind, when I wrote the post. Sorry for the confusion. Glad it has been fixed, one worry less.

7. screamer

Maybe a glass too much of Cider hehehe!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.