Can't Install to Server 2003 SP1 clients

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by koshthetrekkie, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koshthetrekkie

koshthetrekkie Registered Member

Hi,

I have been busy setting up standard packages for our clients, servers, mirror servers and exchange servers. At the moment the std client and std server packages are both using the new 2.7 file freshly downloaded and different config files.

I have no problems push installing to most of our XP and 2000 clients however i have been unable to successfully push an install to our 2003 Servers.

Several things were happening. When i was using the old installer file for ver 2.5 it complained during push install with exit code 106 which is "error extracting files". I checked and the install files were successfully extracted on the client in c:\windows\temp. I then downloaded the new ver 2.7 and updated the package and tried the push again. This time the installation hangs at 50% on the ra server. When i checked the w2k3 server i see the nod32setup.exe and setup.exe processes running using little or no resources.

The program directory was already created and so were all start menu icons. When i rebooted the pc the program appears to be installed. The RA still hangs at 50% though.

The only way i can get round this is to create a standalone exe installer and run that from the w2k3 server.

I have looked about and did find one post from ages ago that told me to change the RA service to run as local admin as opposed to system and it would work however it doesn't. I'm using RAC 1.0.11 on w2k3 server and fully updated defs.

Can anyone tell me why this problem is happening?

Many Thanks.

2. koshthetrekkie

Re: Can't Push Install to Server 2003 SP1 clients

Anyone ever had this problem before? :doubt:

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This error occurs under the following circumstances:

- An attempt is made extract the archive installer file and it is found be corrupt.
    - Insufficient RAM / disk space
    - Defective RAM modules

1. Please try downloading a fresh copy of NOD32.
    2. Check your systems RAM.

Cheers :D

4. koshthetrekkie

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but i've been researching this a lot and have already checked all of these. Its happeneing on all our w2k3 servers and i've downloaded fresh 2.7 many times.

I've just been reinstalling on one of our XP servers with the updated profile and noticed that it too hangs at 50% on the console, however when i went back to the server I noticed that there was a popup telling me nod install was successful and that i needed to reboot the system.

Of course once i clicked yes the RAC dialogue box completed fine. My thinking is that this is what is failing on all our w2k3 servers. The reboot window is being prevented from coming up after the push install completes and so the console doesnt get told everything has finished. A reboot of the PC then shows the installation was successful but the console thinks it failed.

Possibly surpressing this window in the command line options will give a trouble free push install. Any thoughts as to why w2k3 server might be blocking this popup window?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.