Cant install TI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by superhoops, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhoops

superhoops Registered Member

Hi there I am new to this forum and am having a massive problem installing TI 10. I have tried to install on both my desktop pc and my laptop. Both come up with the message "The installation was interrupted, please try again".
    I am running Vista Premium. I have disabled UAC, firewall, virus checker, still no difference. I have tried safe mode but the windows installer won't even start.
    Is this a common problem, I guess it must be as it wont work on either of my machines. If so why don't Acronis release a patch?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Do you have the latest build, which I think is 4.942?

3. superhoops

Yes I do

4. superhoops

Any ideas anyoneo_O:oops:

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Post the make and model of both your desktop and laptop. It might give someone a clue. Do you have GoBack running on either? Also try running chkdsk /r on both systems.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello superhoops,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following in order to make sure that you downloaded the installation file flawlessly?

- Download the eXpress CheckSum Calculator and unpack the archive;

- Run the application;

- Browse for the file and click Start to calculate the checksums;

The MD5 value for build 4942 of the English version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home must be [ 64ef3274e803a85042671f109376ee8c ]

If the MD5 value is not [ 64ef3274e803a85042671f109376ee8c ] then please re-download your Acronis product.

Please also follow the procedure described in this previous post of mine to delete temporary files.

If the above suggestion does not solve the issue, please collect the installation log file the way it is described in this previous post of mine. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  7. davmail

davmail Registered Member

This is a 'known' problem,and Acronis don't know how to fix it,I had this and NEVER resolved it,still can't install it,using version 9 instead.Why can't Acronis issue a fix for ito_O??Your guess is as good as mine,it's a flawed product.:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello davmail,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the installation problems could be cased by various reasons (for example, third party software peculiarities or some module of the Acronis product fails to be installed) and in order to provide you with a solution that would work for your particular hardware and software environment some additional information is needed for investigation.

If you have already contacted Acronis Support Team regarding this issue, please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will look thought the correspondence and provide you with the further instructions, if needed.

If you have not contacted Acronis Support Team yet, please perform the actions described in the above post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

9. VolkerStoeber

VolkerStoeber Registered Member

Hello davmail, hello Aleksandr,

davmail's conclusion might be somewhat exaggerated - in principle he is correct:

having the same problem with XP SP2 + TI 10-4942 it takes 4 weeks of mailing reports to Acronis
    until Acronis mailed "that the problem was investigated and it will be fixed in the next builds of the product
    that will be released in the near future".
    [ https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=996185#post996185 ]

1. why does Acronis not inform me/us what's the very reason (hard ware, third party software ect) ?
    2. why does Acronis not put this information in the thread to let exerybody beeing interested know
    what's going on ?
    3. that's one of the most annoying points in observing a thread: after some statements of different
    visitors and moderators there comes a request of Acronis for reports etc - and that's it. Nobody
    gets to know what the solution of the given problem ist.
    4. Who can wait for a fixed problem ("in the next builds ... in the near future") if one is not able to install
    - means use - the software ? The actual build 4942 ist about 6 months old !

Vos

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

One option is to use msconfig so that only windows services are loaded at astartup, then install ATI, reboot. If the install took correctly, then use msconfig to renable the other startup programs and services.

If ATI doesn't work then, it's a conflict with one of those startup programs.
    If it doesn't work under either case, then it's more than liekly a hardware problem/conflict and Acronis needs to do some additinal program work to accomdate your hardware.

It's not a fundamental conflict between XP and ATI -- lots of us use ATI without prob under XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.