Can't Install T I2009 over version 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SteveBov, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBov

SteveBov Registered Member

I am attempting to install the new version on my system which has TI version 11 installed and operating. WHen I start the install it stops after a few seconds with the following message:"The older verson of this product cannot be removed because it seems to be corrupted". Any ideas? Thanks,

Steve

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Have you tried un-installing the old version and re-installing the new version. The new version is a standalone upgrade and does not need any TI to be installed. You will need your serial number for installation.

If that not successful, then I would un-install again and run the Acronis Cleanup tool available on download. A search should give you the link.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SteveBov ,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

I would recommend you to do the following to uninstall Acronis True Image 11 Home:

1.Completely uninstall Acronis True Image (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs).

2.Delete all files in \Documents and Settings\[Account Name]\Local Settings\Temp\ folder by running Disk Cleanup wizard from the system drive (e.g. C:) Properties (remember to check the Temporary Files checkbox).

3.Download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it.

4.Select the Acronis product and hit Remove.

5.Install Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

And you might want to turn off your security software while installing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.