Can't Install NOD32!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by yeumyang, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeumyang

yeumyang Registered Member

Hi.

Everytime I tried to install NOD32 I got the error message:

" (111) Disk error, NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP - Base "

My OS is WinXP SP1 - Korean version.
    What is the cause? Any help appreciated.

taichi

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    Maybe the installer is damaged, try to download again NOD. In what languaje are you trying to install it?, trial or commercial version?

3. yeumyang

English version - trial and commercial both!
    (I'm a trial user, but not an illegal user. I tried the commercial version just for testing the installer problem, using the Austrailian magagine ID/PASS).
    I even tried the update method to avoid the installer problem using the above ID/PASS. The signature files update has no problem, but the program components update has produced the same error (" return code 111 ").

I think I met the same situation when upgrading from 2.000.3 to 2.000.6. Installer failed, but update succeeded at that time. So, I'm totally lost at this time. (BTW, the installers are 2.000.6 at both times, I think. So, I guess the problem started with the 2.000.6 installer.)

Thanks.

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Do you try to install it with admin rights?
    Is the first time that you install NOD32?
    Uninstall any other AntiVirus that you may have, and delete the C:\Program Files\ESET if exist, then restart and try again.
    A ESET moderator can help you better, because the code mean something.

5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Two questions:
    1. Do you have trial and retail installed on the same machine ?
    2. Did you remove the trial instalation before installing the retail NOD32 ?

6. yeumyang

I installed with admin rights. It's not the first install of NOD32, but the installation of previous versions than 2.000.6 was fine.
    I have no AV other than NOD32, and I do a fresh installation when I try to install NOD32, i.e., uninstall previous NOD32 (regardless of trial or commercial) and check and delete the folder and the registry entries of Eset (and especially by imon) if there remained. BTW, I have a firewall, but I tried installation with the firewall disabled but ended in vain too.

I've never experienced installation problems before, even with NOD32 itself like mentioned above, though these days I don't install that much programs and my system changes a lot.

Thanks.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

please make sure the system variables TMP and TEMP are actaully defined and the directories to which they point actaually exist and you are able to write into them. Right-click the My computer icon, select Properties, click Advanced, Environment variables - System variables (shown in the lower pane)

8. yeumyang

The environment variables TMP & TEMP for both current user and system are correct and actually point to the same folder, and other programs enjoy it a lot. I wondered already about it since this temp folder locates on another disk, not just on another partition in the same disk even though there have been no problems with other programs and downloading update files for NOD32 goes fine :)I think nod32 uses temp folder while downloading update files). But I found out it's not the cause.

BTW, could you tell me the names of the subfolders in NOD32 install directory? I deleted all the subfolders after installing and failed to install this time I can't recall the names except "updfiles".
    The reason why I ask is that I had a trouble even with signature file updates after deleting the subfolders and found out the cause was due to the missing folder "updfiles". NOD32 couldn't create the "updfiles" folder when it's absent! Though I don't expect high chances at this time since there is setup program in this case this is the only one I can try at the moment.

Thanks

9. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello taichi,

Attached is the contents of my Install directory....

I have no sub-directories here....

HTH...

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

10. yeumyang

Thank you very much, puff-m-d.
    But what I meant actually was NOD32's root directory, i.e., "Eset" directory.

taichi

11. puff-m-d

This is the Install directory I was referring to:

C:\Program Files\ESET\Install

Regards,
    Kent

12. yeumyang

Yes it is. What I need is the subfolders' names in

C:\Program Files\ESET

Happy New Year!
    Taichi

13. puff-m-d

Here is what I have in my ESET directory...

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

14. yeumyang

Thanks once more, puff-m-d.

taichi

15. yeumyang

I tried once more to install, but it produced the same error message. However, I found out this time all the neccessary files are extracted to the correct folders, so I don't think the installer is the one to blame. Since I tweaked rather severely my system (for security matters), I presume at the moment the cause is on my side. But I can get the neccessary files and informations to start the NOD32 now, I managed NOD32 to work. So, please don't mind anymore about this thread.
    Thanks and sorry to bother.

taichi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.