Can't install new, can't uninstall old

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by twl845, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi, I just got a desperate call from my Brother. He said his current subscription of Retunil Pro is running out in a week or so, so he bought a renewal via paypal. When he tried to install, he says it tells him the old version has to be removed first. So he tried to uninstall via Add/Remove and it won't uninstall. When he clicks uninstall it just blinks. So he can't uninstall the old and he can't install the new. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? Thanks in advance for any response.

2. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks for your response. If I had the problem I would take your advice, but my Brother who isn't that computer savvy would probably implode his computer trying to use the app. He is 170 miles away so I can't really help either. I was looking for a simpler way to get him untangled. Something I might be able to walk him through over the phone. :)

4. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Sounds like he's trying to uninstall while in virtual mode? Have him check to make sure all protections are disabled first.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I asked him if he had it turned off and he said he did. He said that he can't even access his existing copy of Returnil at this point.

6. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

If your feeling brave...
    Once installed its a very simple interface
    1click to open app
    2select returnil from list (if its there)
    3select remove (button on lower right i think)

4reinstall returnil

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hey guys, the ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ didn't have his existing copy of Returnil completely off. Buckslayr called it. I walked him through it and he's up and running with his renewal. I thank you all for everyone's help. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

oops. Sorry for referring to my Brother that way. Sometimes he gets me going and I forgot where I was. Thanks again for the help to all. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.