Can't install ewido...

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by konges, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. konges

konges Registered Member

I have several times tried to update my ewido. without luck...
    I paid for a years licence but havent been able to update for about two mounths.
    Now I have tried to uninstall the program, but I now I can't install the program again.
    It stops in the middle of the installation and says " updating og installing the services failed. Uninstall and reboot and tried again" I have done that without luck and the same results.

What is the problem? And what can I do??

So now I have paid for a program which I havent install.....ironic...

Thomas from Denmark...

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Thomas,

Could you provide a little more info about your system, ie. OS and Security Apps installed - which will assist the Ewido Team and other members to help trouble shoot . Have you tried uninstalling and installing in safe mode?

Steve

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

And do a search in the registry and HD for any trace of a file.

4. konges

konges Registered Member

I have got at windows Xp, an antivir as virus scanner. Other wise I don't know what ie, OS and security apps you mean?

What file should I trace aftero_O If I run it in safe modeo_O

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Use "Search" to find & delete any Ewido files/folders left behind, then run the trial Regsupreme (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.

Then try to install Ewido.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.