Can't install ESET NOD32 trial version

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LINDEN KNIGHT, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LINDEN KNIGHT

LINDEN KNIGHT Registered Member

Help...I'm trying to install the ESET NOD32 antivirus trial version. It downloads, but when I try to install I get an error code of 2878 and it won't install. Any ideas?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What OS? Try downloading it again, maybe a different location

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

The eset KB do not know such number, but MSI installer have it:

check the digital signature of msi file in "properties"
    if failing download from scratch.

4. LINDEN KNIGHT

LINDEN KNIGHT Registered Member

Problem resolved. It took quite a few emails before I was routed to tech support via phone. When I was finally able to talk to someone the problem was resolved in about an hour. It seems that I still had some bits and pieces of previously used antivirus programs (AVG and BitDefender) hiding on my hard drive. Even though I had uninstalled these programs (although it is possible that I didn't use an uninstaller.....just removed them or uninstalled through the Windows control panel option), there were still some crumbs.

I might add that out of desperation (before contacting ESET) I purchased a year's subscription via internet and was unable to install that as well. Once the problem was solved I went ahead with the year's subscription to ESET NOD32 antivirus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.