Can't Install Acronis TI 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DaveLeeNC, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveLeeNC

DaveLeeNC Registered Member

I just purchased an electronic version of Home TI 2009 (my second copy for my wife's computer). I can go through the install process to what would appear to be the end, and then it un-does itself and tells me that the installer has been interrupted and must be re-started.

Of course restarting leaves my in the same place. I also tried my other (legal) CD copy of TI with the same results. This is a pretty vanilla Dell Inspiron Laptop running Vista Home Premium. There is not much on the machine that wasn't shipped - Trend Micro Security and MS Office Home is about it.

Where should I go?

Thanks.

dave

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try installing it in Safe Mode.

3. DaveLeeNC

It seemed like a reasonable suggest but apparently the Windows Installer won't run in Safe Mode.

I also tried 'run as Administrator' on the install executable, but the install process failed in the same manner as before.

Thanks.

dave

4. DwnNdrty

Is the Vista on the Dell 64-bit? I think there were some users who had problems on 64-bit systems. Try a search on the Forum for those messages if yours is also 64-bit.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To resolve the issue could you please do the following?

1. Completely uninstall Acronis software (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs. Select Acronis True Image (if there is any) and hit "Remove").

2. Reboot the computer.

3. Temporally disable your Anti-Virus software (including Firewalls).

4. Manually delete the content of the following folder: C:\Users\[account_name]\AppData\Local\Temp

5. Disable Windows User Account Control (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account On or Off -> Uncheck “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer".

6. Try to install the product again from the scratch.

If the problem persists, please do the following:

1. Launch the product installation file;

2. Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract;

3. Select the path for extracting the component and click Save. You should select C partition, and leave the auto-created file name.

4. Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v C:\msilog.log

5. Reproduce the problem and send us the log file created during the installation;

6. Please compress MSI output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. DaveLeeNC

Simply emptying my ...local/temp folder seems to have done the trick. I have now installed and can boot the software - thanks so much.

BTW, I was certainly not expecting holiday/weekend online support from the Acronis staff. THANKS so much and very impressive!

dave

7. DwnNdrty

That's only because you have the same last names. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.