Can't index, copy or remove certain snapshots

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by estervantes, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. estervantes

estervantes Registered Member

Recently, I tried to export a snapshot but while indexing the snapshot, FD-ISR prompted me with the alert that the "copy engine engine unexpectedly terminated". In addition, I can't remove the snapshot for the reason that it apparently can't be indexed. The earliest snapshot resident on my system can be indexed and exported. Interestingly, this one doesn't have many Vista updates.

To overcome this problem , I imported a stored snapshot from September last year and tested that once imported , it could be indexed and archived successfully. However, when I updated it with about 32 Vista updates, it, like the other ineradicable snapshot, cannot be indexed, copied or removed.
    Any ideas? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and FD-ISR Version 3.21

The event viewer says something about "faulting module ntdll.dll....."

I am guessing I'll have to wipe the partition and do a complete reinstall.

2. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

You could aask Pandlouk to read this: he seems to have had the most and best experience with FDISR and Vista: isnt that the file that pertains to the NT kernel functions ( just from google ;) ) may need a repair install ??
    Some basic Vista FDISR prob..? reinstall FDISR
    Sorry, just speculation....try Panagiotis or maybe do a search for his FDISR posts.

3. estervantes

Thanks for the suggestions.

I reinstalled FD-ISR but this didn't work. I tried a complete uninstall of FD_ISR, but only the early non updated Vista snapshot would delete leaving one undeletable snapshot of 20 GB ( it was only 12 GB when archived!!) left cluttering up my drive. I don't know how to get rid of it. I tried changing permissions and ownership of the files, but it still remains ineradicable. I guess reformatting and restoring an image might be the only recourse left.

Interestingly and probably unrelated to this snafu, is the fact that prior to these troubles, I could couldn't activate FD-ISR copy engine as indicated by an alert which said that Sandboxie was stopping its activation as per policy restrictions. Yet, there definitely were NO policy restrictions that i had stipulated and I checked that this was the case. No start run restrictions for FD-ISR. Strange, ....eeery..... a ghost in the machine.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Do you have anything about FDISR at all in Sandboxie?

5. estervantes

Hi Peter,

No, nothing at all about FD-ISR in Sanboxie and in any case, I deleted Sandboxie to import the offending snapshot, the one that cannot now be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.