Can't Increase Free Space

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Neil H, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil H

Neil H Registered Member

I've read with interest several of the postings concerning partition size and resizing. From the website, it would appear that increasing a partition size would be a piece of cake. Hmmm.
    I had a 12.6Gb root C: drive just about max'ed out. I used True Image to clone this to a new 120Gb drive, then swapped drives out.
    Everything seems to work okay. I then used Disk Director to resize the 12.6Gb partition to the full drive size. It wouldn't to it.

I downloaded the Report Generator and looked at those results and found a "File system error: 33 (Unable to create volume snapshot)". I figured it probably had to do with insufficient file space (I was down to 300Mb free). I tried to defrag and got message that said you need 15% free to defrag. So I moved a lot of files and deleted others enough to defrag the partition and got about 1.59Gb free space. (I also sent the report to support@acronis.com).

Back to Disk Director and attempted to use the file space wizard. See the attached screen shot. No matter what combination I use to resize or increase the partition size it tells me that my 12.6Gb drive is the maximum possible.

That doesn't make sense at all.

Any clues or suggestions while I wait for the support staff to respond to my original report would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2004
  2. Neil H

Neil H Registered Member

Just for everyone's information, Timur B. at Acronis came up with a SnapAPI fix that allowed the increase free space command to work.

Thanks Timur,

Neil H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.