Can't Get Uninstlld Prog. off watch list

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by customcadillac, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customcadillac

customcadillac Registered Member

File Checker has been installed and running for several weeks. All seems OK and it has alerted me to a virus in its first week (virus started "attacking" all anti-spy programs methodically -FC alerted me to file changes - go FC!!). The "problem" is that I used to use Avant browser. I uninstalled Avant and still get alerted that Avant.exe (used to be on watch list) has been deleted. Avant.exe no longer appears on my watch list, so I can't "remove" it from the list. I finally deleted entire contents of watch list and rebuilt the list. I still have this annoying alert on every start-up (FC is running as a service). How do I get FC to stop checking on files I no longer want on my PC? (Windows XP pro, sp1)

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi customcadillac, and welcome to the fourm. :)

I am not sure if I'm going to be much help but doesn't hurt to ask which steps you took after you rebuilt the list. Did you click on the Save Watch List button to save the new list, before clicking on the 'Start Checking' button?

Regards,

snap

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Preliminary question concerning XP and Filechecker. Since it writes to the Local_Machine key....is this happening on a user with or without Admin rights ?

If you haven't tried this....with Filechecker program open and if Stop Checking(1) button is displayed....select that button to stop scanning....then select the Load Watch List(2). Is Avant now showing in that list ? If so....highlight that item and select Delete Selected File From List(3)....followed by Save Watch List(4)

Filechecker maintains all of it's items pertaining to the program....including monitored items\WatchList....in the below reg key. If all else fails....you could close the program....and delete the 09201-21029B-293849302-CDE2929FFCDE2929FF key and start all over with new settings\monitored items....OR....simply the Avant string value entry.

[​IMG]Be cautious when doing this if you haven't used it before - if you are unsure at all about anything regarding the registry, feel free to ask before making any changes)[​IMG]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings\{09201-21029B-293849302-CDE2929FF}

Attached Files:

4. camillere100

camillere100 Registered Member

How do i get Avant off my systemo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O? It is totally annoying and i know for a fact that i never ever added this...it is a nightmare?? :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.