Can't get TI 10.0 to uninstall/install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by plawlis, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plawlis

plawlis Registered Member

Because of a variety of problems related to "TI hangs on backup," tech support has taken me through a myriad of tasks, none of which have worked. Recently they asked me to download 11.0 and see if the problem persists. Indeed, it does. PLUS, 10.0 no longer works. I tried to uninstall it and re-install; I even bought a utility to REALLY uninstall it. Now when I try to reinstall (yes, it's the latest build), it says, "Installation interrupted before it could be installed."

Any ideas?

Phil

2. mustang

mustang Developer

If you do two things TI 10.0 will install:

1. Make sure TI 11.0 did not leave the snapman service running. See my post here for instructions on how to remove it. After you remove it you must reboot to actually stop it.

2. Delete all folders with TrueImage from your Temp folder. Open a command prompt and enter Set. Look for TMP and TEMP in the list that is displayed. Go to that folder and search for file names that contain TrueImage. Delete the folders that contain those files. You may have quite a few as you have failed install attempts.

3. plawlis

Dear Mustang,
    I have done what you said, though I wasn't sure where to go to actually find the True Image temp files to delete--I use WinCleaner and told it to delete all temp files, which it did (not sure any were true image, though). Is there somewhere I should look?

Unfortunately, I had the same problem w/ TI not installing--I hope you can tell me somewhere I should be looking for the temp/tmp folders.

I do appreciate your help, Mustang!

Phil

4. mustang

mustang Developer

You need to make sure the snapman service is not running. Open a command prompt and enter net start snapman. If the service has been removed, the response will be that 'the service name is invalid'. If you see a response of 'the requested service has already been started', then you need to remove snapman and reboot.

5. plawlis

I assume I should be in the root directory when I do this? It did, indeed, say the service is invalid.

I guess you don't think I should be looking elsewhere for temp files?

Phil

6. plawlis

Mustang, I meant to mention: when I go to "Add/remove programs," "Acronis True Image Home 10.0 is still listed, no matter what I do. The folders are still there, but show only two files--two *.dll files.

Phil

7. plawlis

Mustang, I got a response from Acronis telling me how to uninstall 11.0. (see below) It took me 70 mins. to do all this--and it still won't install. Note that after I deleted all the registry keys, files, etc., that they told me to, there were still several Acronis-related ones there. I hope that was okay.

What Acronis told me to do:

In case if automatic uninstallation does not work, please perform the following steps in order to uninstall Acronis True Image manually:

- Remove Acronis Secure Zone if there is one (please note that Acronis Startup Recovery Manager will be deactivated automatically).

- Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install it and run it. Select Acronis True Image 11 Home and hit Remove.

- Run Windows Device Manager (Start –> Control Panel –> System –> Hardware –> Device Manager). Right-click on Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer and select "Uninstall" item.

- Run Services applet (Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) and stop the following services:

Acronis Scheduler2 Service
    Acronis Try And Decide Service

- Run Task Manager (press Ctrl-Shift-Esc) and terminate the following processes if present:

Schedhlp.exe (Acronis Scheduler Helper)
    Schedul2.exe (Acronis Scheduler 2)
    TimounterMonitor.exe (Monitor for Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer)
    TrueImageMonitor.exe (Acronis True Image Monitor)
    TrueImageTryStartService.exe (Acronis True Image Try and Decide Service)
    TrueImage.exe (Acronis True Image application)

- Download http://download.acronis.com/support/schedmgr.exe, execute the file and issue the following command:

service uninstall

- Open Windows Registry Editor (press Win-R and issue "regedit" command) and delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Fomatik
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Schedule2
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Trace
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImage
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageHome
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\cdrecord2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\Fomatik
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\TrueImage
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\TrueImageHome

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tdrpman
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tifsfilter
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\timounter
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TryAndDecideService

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{C4E69DB9-E094-483e-B922-E7ADE65FB497}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.tib
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.tis
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\tibfile
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\tisfile

Delete the following registry values:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\{C539A15A-3AF9-4c92-B771-50CB78F5C751}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\TrueImageMonitor.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AcronisTimounterMonitor

- Delete the string snapman from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

- Delete strings snapman, timounter and tdrpman from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

- Delete the following file:

\Windows\system32\acrotls.dll

- Delete the following folders:

\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\BackupScripts
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Fomatik
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Trace
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome
    \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome (if there are locked files, then you will to reboot to remove this directory)

- Delete the following folder in Windows XP (Windows 2000):

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome

- Delete the following folders in Windows Vista:

\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImage
    \ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome

- Delete program shortcuts from the desktop and Start menu.

- Reboot the computer.

After that please install Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and perform the previous suggestions.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.