Can't Get the Network Logon right with latest TI 10 build.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slobizman, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slobizman

slobizman Registered Member

I'm confused with something in the latest build of TI10 Home that I did not have in the original 10 build.

In doing a backup task (XP to SP), I'm getting the error "Invalid name or password for the remote resource....Please check user name and password and retype it"

I never had this problem before. The remote resource is a network computer's internal hard drive. There is no password on the login for that computer and the user name is my name, in first and last name form.

I used to be able to get in by choosing on Network Login, "No, I do not wish to specify a user name and password; try to logon automatically". Obviously, that's not good enough any more.

So, I changed that panel to indicate the user name as it is on that remote computer, my first and last name, spelled exactly right, in the right case. I tried the job again and it still says it's not right.

What the heck does this program want from me?

Note: My remote computer is logged into automatically when booted up, if that means anything. I don't even need to select my user account.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. slobizman

More information:

It only happens on tasks that are scheduled. If I just do a one time backup (not a task), it does not have a problem.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello slobizman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try to use the full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share\) in the Backup Archive Location window.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. slobizman

I did do that already.

I think I just noticed something, but I have to verify it. I've taken off the "Backup Locations" since they are so screwed up. Now that it's backing up to a regular area, it's working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.