Can't get Spyware Blater to install?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by johnek, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnek

johnek Registered Member

I have downloaded Spyware Blaster 2 times ind I can not get it to run. I install it and then try to luanch it and nothing happens. The .exe file never gets installed. I am new to this so any help would be great.

John

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi johnek,

Welcome to Wilders.

When you say - "I install it and then try to launch it", can you tell me how you are trying to launch it? Do you have a SpybwareBlaster icon on your desktop to click on?

Could you give us some more details please - like what operating system you have, and other programs you have running when you try to start SpywareBlaster; did you shut down other programs when you installed SpywareBlaster, rebooted your computer after installation, and then found out you couldn't open it?

Also, did you receive any kind of error message during installation, or when you try and open SpywareBlaster? If you haven't already, you might want to look through this thread and see if there is anything there that may also help:
    SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks

Regards,

snap

3. PJLindsey

PJLindsey Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with a friend's computer. She had no security at all, running on a cable modem. Took me 6 hrs to clean her system of adware, trojans & viruses using Norton Antivirus 2003 (old, but she had a free 90 day trial), Spybot S&D, CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner, CWS Shredder!, and then load Win XP SP2. I've tried to load SpywareBlaster from both the Major Geeks and from a CD. In all cases, the installation goes without problem, but when I try to start from the desktop icon or directly from the .exe file in c:/Program Files/SpywareBlaster, nothing happens.

When I reboot the machine, the .exe file vanishes. I've tried copying just the .exe back into c:/Program Files/SpywareBlaster directory, but it still does nothing.

By does nothing, I mean that in the Windows Task Mgr, SpywareBlaster does not appear in the Applications tab. Well, once it did, and then it just vanished. Unfortunately, I been unable to repeat that occurence.

My friend's PC is running Win XP Home SP2 w/ 512M ram on an Athlon-based machine that is less than a year old (eMachines brand). I have no problem with Spyware Blaster on either my wife's Sony Vaio laptop (Win XP Home SP2) or my 4 year old PC (Win XP Pro SP2). Besides the fact that my friend's machine was infested with crap, the only difference is that I enabled the Windows SP2 firewall on her system, but on my systems it's off because I'm running behind a router hardware firewall with NAT enabled.

What I can't figure out is how the .exe file is getting deleted on rebooto_O

Hope this info helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.