can't get rid of trojan horse Downloader.Winshow.V--please help!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by diggy_t, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggy_t

diggy_t Registered Member

I'm new to this site and I'm hoping someone can help me out in getting rid of Trojan horse Downloader.Winshow.V.
    I use AVG antivirus and it tells me eveytime that this trojan is on my computer but it seems to be reproducing itself and creating other viruses in seperate folders called ienv, ieum, msjd, msjq, sysqh, systn, and so on.

These folders store themselves under C:Windows and I can't delete them because it says they're write protected or something. It's also taking my computer forever to load things and a new virus appears everytime I log on to the computer.
    If anyone knows what I can do to fix this, you'd forever be my hero. Please help me! :eek:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello diggy_2 Winshow, Is an ad downloader as far as I know, though I suppose it can be used for other things.

You can download the trial version of TDS3 from here: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

You can then manually add the latest database (raduis file) from there and follow the instructions.

When you run TDS3 enable all the Scan options, the generic sensitivity to high, enable the other two boxes -Anti Trojan & Anti Worm.
    Disable any other Anti Virus programmes and then scan

This scan is deep and will take time. Once complete you will the reaults will be shown in the lower console window, before deleting navigate to the folder where the file is, zip it up and send to submit@diamondCS.com.au Then delete it.

I am not sure if Spybot search & destroy or AdAware can catch this blighter.

HTH. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.