Can't get rid of SpywareBlaster in taskbar

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wavi, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wavi

wavi Registered Member

Somewhere along the way, apparently with an update, SpywareBlaster placed itself in my Windows taskbar permanently. Not as an icon but as text and a folder containing the help file, SpywareBlaster main program file, etc. Just like what you see in your Programs list.

I really don't want it there taking up space in my taskbar yet I can't seem to get rid of it. There is nothing in Options or anywhere in the application that allows me to choose not to have it load onto my taskbar. Anyone else notice this and if so how can I get rid of it? I have been using SpywareBlaster and believe it to be a reputable program, but I just don't want it to assume that I want to see it in my taskbar at all times. With no easy way to get rid of this, it kind of reminds me of the very spyware from which it is supposed to be offering protection.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi, and welcome to Wilders!

SpywareBlaster did not place itself in your taskbar. Most likely the folder was inadvertently drug into your taskbar (which creates a copy). Right click the folder in your taskbar and hit "delete."

3. Teesa

Teesa Guest

Is there a copy of this SB folder where it's supposed to be? If so, then follow Detox advise on how to delete the folder from your desktop. If there's not a copy where it's supposed to be, then to be able to move it, your Taskbar needs to be unlocked first. Right click on a blank space on your Taskbar and make sure there's no checkmark beside Lock The Taskbar. If there is, just click Lock The Taskbar and the checkmark will be gone. This way, you can drag the folder from your taskbar onto your desktop. From your destop, you can move the folder to its proper place.

I just tried this with a shortcut on my taskbar, and you can do it quicker by right clicking on the folder, selecting Copy [I've learnt my lesson of Cutting and Pasting and losing everything once, so now I copy], find the SB folder where it's supposed to go [this is still assuming there's not a copy of this where it belongs] , right click on that folder and select Paste. Then you can delete it from the taskbar.

Hope this wasn't confusing, I'm usually bad at explaining things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.