Can't get rid of Raytown's Anti-Keylogger

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by richrf, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

I installed a trial version of Raytown's Anti-Keylogger and then uninstalled it. However, there remains an auto-run entry in the registry and my startup group that I cannot get rid of. For example, I try to delete in using Hijackthis and it comes right back. Sort of like the way a trojan might protect itself. Very odd. I remember reading somewhere that someone else had this problem and I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of it. So far, I have tried to contact Raytown but they have not returned my email.

Thanks for any help.

Rich

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

have you tried to reinstall it and to uninstall it in safe mode? that should work.

then go to the registry, go to find and type: raytown or keylogger or whatever is linked to that program and delete everything you can find.

a good registry cleaner should do the rest.

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Infinity,

As you suggested, I tried installing and uninstalling under safe mode. However the problem still exists. When I re-boot, I get this message from Ad-Watch:
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

I did as you suggested and removed the entry in safe mode and deleted all references in the registry by scanning under regedit and running Regseeker. It seemed to clear. But when I rebooted in normal mode, I received an alert from Ad-watch:

3/2/2005 10:22:48 AM - Registry modification detected
    Root:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Value:Anti-keylogger 6.0
    Data:C:\Program Files\Anti-keylogger\Anti-keylogger.exe /autorun
    New Data:

And when I look at my startups, the entry was again in there.

I have written to Raytown. They suggested that I delete the startup entry in safe mode, but as you can see, the problem still occurs. If you have any other ideas, I would appreciate it.

Rich

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

go to run: type in regedit and go to this entry:

Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and delete the entry: Anti-keylogger 6.0

and this one:

C:\Program Files\Anti-keylogger\Anti-keylogger.exe /autorun

then do search in your registry for entries like: anti or keylog or raytown...

if you are sure it belongs to that, just delete it (maybe make a backup by exporting your registry first to your desktop) when something goes wrong (I don't think so) you can still import the old one.

Inf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.