Can´t get Rescue-Disk working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fwoerndle, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fwoerndle

fwoerndle Registered Member

Hi, I have worked with ATI 11 and produced a partion-clone of my Sytempartition, the System is Visa 32-bit. I produced with ATI 11 a rescue disk. I tried to restore the system from a Windows 7 testinstallation with the same ATI 11. It worked until the system had to reboot. The Acronis boot loader however didn´t start because of a missing configuration info. And I couldn´t start any other sytem from disk either. I was in a deadlock situation. I recovered from that desaster when I used an orginal ATI 2009 Home disk. The it worked.
    So I decided to upgrade to ATI 2009, ordered one and got a download-version. Installed it and produced a recovery disk. This time the acronis loader started correctly, but when I tried to start the standalone ATI 2009 from that disk the screen turned black and nothing happened.

What do I wrong so that my rescue disk never work? I have no Idea. Hopefully somebody can help me.

Regards fwoerndle

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Please clarify if your Bios is set to boot from the CD before the hard drive?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If the boot sequence in BIOS settings is correct, I would recommend you to create another Acronis Bootable Rescue Media based on ISOLINUX.

We have implemented the possibility to download the appropriate ISO file after logging in to your account (the serial number should be registered). Please log in to your account, go to the Registered products section -> Bootable media. Download the file.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here .

Create the new CD and check its' functionality. Also you can send us the serial number via PM, we will provide you with the appropriate link.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.