Cant get NOD to STOP scanning Email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Landshark, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landshark

Landshark Registered Member

I have on occasion large attachments come through that NOD insists upon scanning. While I appreciate the thought, I can scan it on my own, thank you. I use Pegasus Email, and it times out so I can never get my Email.

That means, I can't Email ESET Support, because, well, I can't get my friggen Email!

Turn it off you say? SURE!! Did that, and short of UNINSTALLING NOD every time I want to get a large attachment it just merrily scans no matter what the setting is, no matter what I seem to disable.

Other than this INCREDIBLY annoying bug, I love NOD. But this thing just hacks me off to no end!

ESET, can you advise me how to get around this?

*** Edit: Oops, sorry, using NOD32 2.7

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Welcome to Wilders!

Could you try open IMON -> Setup -> "POP3"tab

In the Compatibility setup , click Setup and lower it to the medium or maximum compatibility.Try again.

If it is not working , reverse the changes.If working,you should know that in this way,IMON may not be able to stop all the malware.

Attached Files:

• 050.gif
      050.gif
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
    • 051.gif
      051.gif
      File size:
      9.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can disable POP3 checking if you scan email attachments on your own. If there's a problem with larger attachments, try increasing the timeout in your mail client setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.