Can't get Acronis True Image 8 to restore...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by drekar3, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drekar3

drekar3 Guest

I downloaded the trial version to see if thia was a good "backup" plan to fall back on. Everything seems to work ok however, the most important part of a good "backup" is that it works. So I attempted to see if would work and it tells me the trail version can not perform this operation. This right here makes me wonder if it is worth buying........... I'll keep tinkering with it I guess.

2. moggie

moggie Registered Member

That's exactly my problem. I've created a test image, I've restored a few individual files, but I can't test a complete restore without buying the application. So what's the point of the evaluation since you still have to buy it to prove that it works? Surely they could allow one complete restore? It's like test driving a car, being allowed to sit in it, start the engine, hit the horn but not drive it on the street. The evaluation has shown me that it is a very interesting application, better for my use than Norton Ghost, which I currently use, but it hasn't proved that it will work. Furthermore, I can't find an address on their site to write to to ask for a copy that will allow a restore.... So, since I don’t want to go down the road of perhaps asking for a refund if the application doesn’t do what it says on the box, it looks like I won’t be ordering it. which is a real shame. I wonder how many other prospective customers they lose for the same reason. :doubt:

3. ZT3000

ZT3000 Registered Member

Thank you for this post as I WAS going to upgrade from my version 7 to a newly advertised version 8. After reading the problems with verison 8 here and in other posts, I won't be upgrading anymore.
    Whew....glad I got off that bandwagon in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.