Can't find info or specs on motherboard

Discussion in 'hardware' started by dcrowe0050, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Hey guys a friend of mine is looking to upgrade some hardware components. Hes got a year old HP desktop and was wanting to look into a new CPU and GPU I told him he nedded to get the specs off his motherboard because depending on what he wanted he may need to get a new motherboard. WE have looked everywhere HP support, google, everywhere I can think of and can find nothing about this motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find this out? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dcrowe0050, besides Cudni's suggestion, another program that will help is CPU-Z. I recommend the No-install version.

4. dcrowe0050

I have downloaded SIW but at the bottom of the specs it says Warning: Motherboard Accuracy of motherboard data may not be correct or something like that. I have never seen that before it doesnt say that on my computer. anyways thanks I will try CPU-Z, But just curious why I can't find anything on the internet. it is weird

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dcrowe0050, the Mainboard tab in CPU-Z should give you enough motherboard information (either Intel or AMD) to search in their respective sites.

6. dcrowe0050

Thanks JR i have found it and got what we need. turns out he is going to have to buy a new mobo. Thanks

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dcrowe0050, you're welcome! Glad to hear you found the info. Take care.

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.