Can't find iexplore.exe in fresh install

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by vinn, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Created empty snapshot and booted to it. Did a fresh install of win2kpro to this snapshot. Tried to install FD-ISR to snapshot but message says I need a later update of my OS for this. Clicked internet explorer to access inet and message says 'can't find file iexplore.exe'. Don't see Firefox browser in new snapshot. How can I fix this?

2. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Basically I want to access the internet from the fresh win2k install in the empty snapshot.

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Open My Computer and type in the address bar: update.microsoft.com/

4. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Got 'The page cannot be displayed'. Should I be able to use my ADSL internet in this new snapshot or do I have to be setup the ADSL again? The snapshot seems to be just a shell. MyDocuments folder has only a MyMusic folder. Snapshot has nothing from the Primary snapshot and is a fresh install of the OS.

5. wilbertnl

It's like a new installation on a empty disk.
    Don't worry, the other snapshots are still there.

I usually prepare an installation in a empty snapshot by making a folder with all drivers and first aid utils, and then anchor that. Anchored data is available right away in all snapshots and it doesn't matter that FD-ISR is installed or not.

It sounds like you need to install network drivers and setup your internet connection before you can update Windows.

6. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Not seeing my anchored files in empty snapshot. Files in list are ticked. Where do I find them?

7. wilbertnl

You did not format the SATA disk, right?
    Do you have files on the other PATA disk?

8. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Yes, the same OS is on the PATA drive. PATA drive info was copied to SATA drive during SATA hdd installation. The copy option was given by MaxBlast 4 installation software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.