Can't find Hard Drives (SATA) MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mgdurand1, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgdurand1

mgdurand1 Registered Member

Have Disk Director 9 - latest build. Tried unistall and reinstall. Cannot recognize any of the sata drives on my system. Have read threads here to no avail. Any assistance appreciated.

Mike

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please describe whether the problem appears under Windows or when you boot with Acronis Bootable CD? Also please let us know what operating system you have and what message you get when you launch Acronis Disk Director Suite.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. w_m0zart

w_m0zart Guest

It happens with the bootable cd.

Both versions (safe version and full version) don't work.

Safe version mentions an extra partition which shouldn't be there...

Full version displays my 2 partitions in raid0 as seperate hard discs...
    Hard disc: WD raptor 74 GB.

Pretty scary...

4. w_m0zart

w_m0zart Guest

Oh yes, all filesystems are NTFS, windows XP, SP2
    But since I test the bootable medium, I thought OS is not really relevant...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello w_m0zart,

If the problem appears with Acronis Bootable CD then you are right and operating system doesn't matter. Am I right that you have build 538 and the CD is created with this build? If so and the problem remains please boot your computer from the Acronis Disk Director Suite rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. w_m0zart

w_m0zart Registered Member

I read somewhere Acronis had had recently negotiations with NVIDIA about integrating their 'closed-source' NForce drivers, which might have been integrated yet in True Image (Build 903, date: July 6th) and not yet in the Disk Director Suite (Build 538, date May 17th)?

With True Image v8.0.903 my SATA Raid0 hard discs seems to be recognised correctly.
    Acronis, Please forget the quoted text. Today I tested True Image v8.0.903 once again. Everything seems to work now. Although I did not change anything, I just must have done something wrong. So false alarm. Everything is fine in True Image!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  7. mgdurand1

I can get to the drives booting from the CD. Some errors appear (can't recall them) but I can get to the program and it recognizes the drives. In Windows, it recognizes no drives and the program will not start. Have the newest build and applied the patch.

Mike

8. mgdurand1

Update. Uninstalled all Acronis programs. Used regedit to remove all references to Acronis form the registry. Reinstalled all Acronis software. All now work fine.

Mike

9. w_m0zart

w_m0zart Registered Member

Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 build (#549) seems to having solved the problem I had.

Bravo Acronis!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.