Can't find folder where tracking cookie is??

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by yjsk2100, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yjsk2100

yjsk2100 Registered Member

I guess it has been a while since I posted here. Sorry about that. But I become members of forums when I have a problem that is listed on that particular forum. When problem fixed I forget and then when another problem arises I come back. Hope I have not been removed.

I am using Windows XPHome SP2 IE7 and I have the free AVG Anti-spyware 7.5 installed. I just got done running a scan and it found a tracking cookie. It finds the same tracking cookie each time I run the scan but I am not able to find it. I have all files and folders unhidden but nothing. This is where the tracking cookie was to be located:

C:\Documents and settings\Compaq_Owner\Cookies\Compaq_Owner@com[1].txt

I went to C/documents and settings/compaq_owner but I have no cookies folder listed. Where oh where could it be at nowo_O

I read other threads here before posting and someone said why worry about a cookie.....Another one said tracking cookies should go. But what happens when you can't find ito_O Any help out there for meo_O

2. calcu007

calcu007 Registered Member

I think that cookies is a hidden folder. You need to enable to see hidden folders. Go to my computer > tools > folder options > show hidden folders and files

3. yjsk2100

Already did that. I ran the scan with all hidden files shown and then before I had AVG delete it I looked for it so I could delete it manually. Like I said in the first post I went to C:/documents and settings/compaq_owner and when I opened up compaq_owner there was nothing listed. Is it okay to just have AVG not track cookies and that way this will not show up again. Or is this a NO-NO. I would really like to find it first. Don't know where else to look. Where exactly is the cookie folder on one's computer?

Thanks for your response to my post by the way.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Try looking at C/documents and settings/compaq_owner/Local settings/Temporary Internet files. Where you will find cookies depends what browser you use, each browser has its own place to put its cookies.

5. yjsk2100

Sorry but cookies isn't there. I guess I will just have to look for it some more.

6. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

;) could try Start/Search/All Files & Folders...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.