Can't find Boot partition with a Linux Software RAID Box

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by joolsr, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joolsr

joolsr Registered Member

Hi

When i try to image a Linux PC which has two HDD's running under software RAID, i get a error message on booting with the CD of 'Cannot find boot Partition, please press enter to locate Operating System.'

When I press enter, it does not work. As Acronis is based on Linux (which I'm a fan of BTW), I would hope that it could understand my Software RAID setup with /dev/md0, etc. It uses the std linux software raid tools, nothing special - I guess that its why acronis cant find a 'normal' boot partition.
    After checking with df on my linux box, mandrake repoprts /boot as /dev/md/4 which is a little unusual ! Is thsi the problem ??

I'm a bit surprised as the /dev/hda, /dev/hdc devices should be visible to Acronis linux, the problem is specifically why it cant identify a 'boot partition'.

Something i've just thought of - The linux box uses ReiserFS (vers3), running Mandarke9.2. Does Acronis do Reiser ? I think it does, can anyone confirm this ? It should as its at a higher level than Acronis would work at any way.

Any ideas ? I a bit stuck on this ....

Julian

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.