Can't explore image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Joe107L, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe107L

Joe107L Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an image that I checked with the Image Verifier in Acronis TI.

The image was successfully verified.

When I try to explore the image, I get to the Assigning Logical Drive Letter screen and the box has the word Empty in it. Also the Drive letter for the selected partition is also blank and no drives available for selection.

This image was created on another machine and is a good image as I have restored it on the machine it was created on.

I was just wanting to explore the image to access so info from it.

Should I be able to explore this image and if so, why am I getting a box stating Empty.

Thanks
    Joe

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

If you could supply some more info., it may help someone to come up with some suggestions.

What version and build are you using. Where is the image stored? Is the entire image in the same folder?:cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Joe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please provide us with the information requested by Ozmaniac in the post above.

Please make screen shots all of your steps during the image exploration.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture with JPEG format being preferable.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. Joe107L

Joe107L Registered Member

I have an image that I checked with the Image Verifier in Acronis TI.

The image is stored on a second internal drive K: and all files are in the same folder.

The image was successfully verified.

When I try to explore the image, I get to the Assigning Logical Drive Letter screen and the box has the word Empty in it. Also the Drive letter for the selected partition is also blank and no drives available for selection.

This image was created on another machine and is a good image as I have restored it on the machine it was created on.

I was just wanting to explore the image to access some info from it.

Should I be able to explore this image and if so, why am I getting a box stating Empty and not able to continue.

True Image v7.0 b638

This is not a version issue as I'm able to explore other images.

As, I stated in the beginning. The image I can't explore was created on another computer, but tests as valid image on my computer.

Images attached as requested.

Does the image has disk relevant data on it that is related to the machine it was created on that my machine cannot find, or should the image be viewable on any machine running acronis true image.

Thanks in Advance

Attached Files:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Joe107L,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do as I have suggested in this previous post of mine from another thread you started.

Please also try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future, since it doubles our work.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.