Can't Explore Backup Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Larryo, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larryo

Larryo Registered Member

Running TI Home 2009 bld 9646 in XP Pro SP3. When I right click backuip image under "Manage & Restore" and select Explore or select "Explore Backup" from menu bar a small window opens for about 3 seconds saying Processing. It closes and nothing else happens. Image does not open to explore. Anyone know how to fix this so I can explore the backup without mounting it? My backups are full with normal compression.

I have attached the Acronis Report.txt file only as the System Info file exceeds the size limit.

Attached Files:

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

1. tried double-clicking?
    2. Mounting only takes some additional time than exploring; why not try that for the mean time.
    3. Create another backup file and see if the problem with exploring persists.

3. Larryo

Larryo Registered Member

Did the double click in Explorer and it opens TI, but not the backup to explore.

I can mount & unmount backups, but if a feature is available it should work.

4. Larryo

Larryo Registered Member

Disregard this problem. I solved it.
    Seems the "tib" extension was not associated with TI and when I changed it to TI it works, both in Explorer and from within TI.

Numlock, you set me on the path. Everytime I double clicked it in explorer I had to select TI even after selecting to always open with TI. It would open TI, but not the backup to explore. I went in the Tools/Folder options and associated the 'tib' with TI and it works.

Thanks

5. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

I see... hmmm I guess during installation the TIB extension wasn't properly associated with ATI (hence the .TIB extensions wont have an acronis icon - corect?)

I have never encountered failed file type initializations after installing on various windows systems before. There must be a security software that prevented Acronis during installation.

@Larryo:
    welcome.

6. emacd

emacd Registered Member

I'm having a similar problem.

Exploring has been working. Backup images were properly associated with TI.
    There was a barrel shaped icon for each archive file.

Overnight, that changed. No association this morning. I've attempted
    manual association with TI. No luck. Archives don't open.

I can mount a partition backup and then explore.

What changed? How can I resume exploring?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello emacd,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please download the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (9709) from your account (My Account -> Registered Products) and test it first.

Make sure that Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer is Enabled in Device Manager (Right-click on MY Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Unfold Acronis Devices -> Right-click on Acronis Devices -> Select Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer -> Choose Enabled).

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.