can't even install trial version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CoolRaoul, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Guest

Hello everybody,

At the end of the trial version install I got a popup with the following message:

"Thanks you for choosing Acronis True Image. Unfortunately the program cannot continue because an error occured"

this leads me to the following questions:

- Is there a way to know exactly *what* error occured ?
    - is this message a good sample of the the level of detail provided by the error messages of the real product?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CoolRaoul,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please run Acronis True Image 8.0 installation package with /log key, reproduce the problem and collect the install.log file from the folder you install Acronis True Image to?

To run the installation package with /log key please do the following:
    - Go to Start -> Run;
    - Browse the installation file;
    - Add "/log" (without quotes) to the string.

Please also create Windows System information file as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send install.log and Windows System Information (.NFO) files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Guest

I've finally managed to install the product successfully.

The culprit was "Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit" (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sharedaccess/default.mspx)

By uninstalling this tool, trueimage installs fine

Anyway, you should improve the details of the errors messages ...
    --
    CR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.