Can't enable any protection at all

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Chilidragon, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilidragon

Chilidragon Registered Member

Hello, helpful forum community! :)

I just did a very extensive scan of the comptuer I'm right now sitting at, and removed a large amount of junk from it. (I followed the cleaning tutorial in the MajorGeeks.com Malware removal forum.) Now that the computer is nice and clean, I of course want to keep it that way, so I downloaded and installed Spybot S&D, the free versions of Super-Antispyware, Spyware Guard and Spyware blaster, and CrapCleaner. I also updated my eTrust Internet Security Suite, as well as all the things I just listed, started them all up, ran scans with the ones that have that ability, and that's when I noticed it:

Spyware blaster has all protection disabled for all three options, IE, Firefox, and restricted sites. I tried to enable it manually by going to each one and click on the big enabler button, but no dice.

I did a forum search, and came across suggestions that had to do with Spysweeeper, and thinking it was somethign similar I disabled the active time protection in Super-Antispyware and in the security suite, but it didn't help.

Any assistance is welcome.

Thanks,
    Chilidragon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.