Can't enable any protection at all

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Chilidragon, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilidragon

Chilidragon Registered Member

Hello, helpful forum community! :)

I just did a very extensive scan of the comptuer I'm right now sitting at, and removed a large amount of junk from it. (I followed the cleaning tutorial in the MajorGeeks.com Malware removal forum.) Now that the computer is nice and clean, I of course want to keep it that way, so I downloaded and installed Spybot S&D, the free versions of Super-Antispyware, Spyware Guard and Spyware blaster, and CrapCleaner. I also updated my eTrust Internet Security Suite, as well as all the things I just listed, started them all up, ran scans with the ones that have that ability, and that's when I noticed it:

Spyware blaster has all protection disabled for all three options, IE, Firefox, and restricted sites. I tried to enable it manually by going to each one and click on the big enabler button, but no dice.

I did a forum search, and came across suggestions that had to do with Spysweeeper, and thinking it was somethign similar I disabled the active time protection in Super-Antispyware and in the security suite, but it didn't help.

Any assistance is welcome.

Thanks,
    Chilidragon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.