Can't delete old clients in Remote Admin Console

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by k12adm1n, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k12adm1n

k12adm1n Registered Member

I have had long-term problems deleting obsolete clients in the clients tab of the Admin Console. When things are going well, deleting old clients works instantly. When things are not going well (most of the time), the client won't delete at all. If I compact the database after an attempted delete, it will usually delete the marked client as part of compacting.

I am not seeing any obvious errors in the eSet error log.

I have just updated to the latest 4.x Eset Remote Console, but also had this problem with the 3.0x Remote Console as well. I am using the Access default database. Approximately 300 clients, mostly Windows XP machines running 4.0x or 4.2.

I previously had about 120k records in the eSet event log, but I just scaled this back to about 4k records. Things seemed to work a bit better after this, but hard to tell.

Have tried compacting and cleaning up the database multiple times. This seems to help temporarily, but Remote Console reverts to previous behavior within a few deletes.

Any suggestions?

Am wondering if I'm the only person seeing this type of problem.

Thanks.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Try changing the force manipulate clients option to yes in the advanced options of the ESET Remote Administrator Server.

Do this by going to Tools>>server options, then go to the Advanced tab and click on, Edit Advanced Settings. Once the ESET Configuration Editor opens tool down to, ESET Remote Administrator>>ERA Server>>Advanced>>Force manipulate clients, and change the value to yes.

-Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.