Can't Delete Hidden Partition After System Backup Uninstall

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ddm3ckl, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddm3ckl

ddm3ckl Registered Member

After uninstalling Paragon System Backup 2010 I can't delete the hidden partition on my C drive that it created for the "Backup Capsule". This has effectively cut my available hard drive capacity in half. Can someone please help me with this? (I also had the "lingering F6 message" during boot that a lot of people have complained about, but I was able to get rid of that problem, thanks to some helpful posts here.)

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

You can delete Backup Capsule from Windows Disk management:
    * right-click on 'My computer' and choose 'Manage'
    * select 'Disk Management' in 'Storage'
    * right-click Capsule partition (it has no drive letter and no File system) and select 'Delete Volume'
    * confirm changes.

It will left unallocated space on HDD. you can expand last volume to cover it or create new volume.

3. ddm3ckl

Thanks for the quick response, Mech An. I had already tried that, but when I right click on the partition (which is outlined in black, for what that's worth), the only choices I have are "New Simple Volume", "Properties" and "Help", which, of course is no help.

4. ddm3ckl

GOT IT! I ran my Win 7 installation disk to the point where I was given an option to extend my partition up to it's full capacity (the default entry was the full capacity, so I left it at that). Then I backed out of the installation at that point and when I rebooted, I had my entire drive available once again. I'm cured of Paragon products forever after this.

5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It looks like Backup Capsule has been already deleted.
    There only unallocated\free space left, that's why it was possible to expand partition to cover it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.