Cant create rescue media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by knightmare, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knightmare

knightmare Registered Member

hey, i've tried TI7 and TI8 and both have the same issue, I can manke bootable floppy disks just fine, but when i try to make bootable cd-r or cd-rw media it says it fails. I tried it on xp with sp1 and sp2 and 2 different burners....does anyone know how to fix this issue?

2. RobH

RobH Guest

Yes, had the same issue. On a Win98 system. Had trouble burning rescue cd three times. with TI Deluxe, TI 7.0 build 576 and later with build 613.

Last time, my own fault. Disc was not empty. TI will only give one message (fafaik), media fault (or something like that). So you're unsure what went wrong.

But even with a blank cd it is a tricky operation.

I remember fiddling with the cd tray. Closing when TI asked for a disk, or closing it and during the spinup of the drive click the button in the TI window. At some point it worked and burned the cd.
    Sorry, can't remember the details.

Rob

3. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Hello,

With v. 8 I've had the best luck when I insert a CDR into an open tray and THEN press the continue toggle so the Acronis program, not me, actually CLOSES the drawer. It might take one or two tries, but this technique did work for me three times out of three.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Jim

4. SirLar

SirLar Registered Member

Jim,

Thanks for the idea. I also just installed my 8.0 and could not make a bootable CD. BUT, your insight worked.

It would seem Acronis should put this on their FAQ site for TI 8.0...

I would also note that what I found is the disc had to be totaly blank. I tried with one I had labeled already and could not get it to work at all..

Thanks again...

5. marikavs

marikavs Registered Member

Thanks Jim! No label, no formatting, leave the drawer open with the disc in it - it worked! I never could get the floppies to work (hangs on the second one when trying to boot) so I was quite frantic to at least burn the disc. I had rewritten the floppies three times already. So much for Acronis websupport... (Never do a major job on a week end?) :D

6. playivorys

playivorys Registered Member

Hi all,
    I was habing problems also getting the media to creat quicly coming with error message not even time to really start a burn and no indications of aatempt to access the CD-R. I made sure no other cd processes where running but InCd. What I found to do the trick was to simply disable the realtime protection of Norton antiVirus and disk created. Hope this helps someone it worked for me. I simply put it on after burn was over.

Thanks guys for this forum I am a new TI 8 user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.