Can't create image on ext3 partition?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DrWho_Rocks, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrWho_Rocks

DrWho_Rocks Registered Member

I am trying to make an image of a linux system, which has two hard drives. I want to image the first hardrive, which contains all of the linux system partions (/boot, /, swap). The second drive has a single large ext3 partition. I booted the linux box using the bootable CD in safemode (created on my WinXP system), and went thru the wizard to backup the entire system drive to an image, which is it be written to the second drive. The process starts, but it eventually hangs for several minutes (10?), then I get an error that it could not create the image file. Does the target file system have to be Windows compatible (FAT, NTFS)? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    ... a True Image newbie.

2. DrWho_Rocks

DrWho_Rocks Registered Member

Re: Can't create image on ext3 partition? - Solved

Simple solution: boot into Full mode, not Safe mode. Not only fixed the problem writing the image to an ext3 partition, but it cut the time to do the backup from 30 minutes downto 6.

As a LONG time Ghost user, I LOVE True Image !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.