Can't create image of a sata disk... :'(

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alexfoo, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexfoo

alexfoo Registered Member

I'm testing True Image 9.1 Workstation to backup my system partition of windows XP x64. Wich is on SATA II disk (Hitachi) windows XP SP2 has the driver natively. (Nforce 4 SATA II chipset, not the SIS one...)

When i want to backup or create a virtual partition, only my external drive appear (usb or firewire).

It only appear in "add a new disk" but it ask to format the partition to do so.. Well i want to create i image of the partition, erasing datas is not the idea :cautious: ...

I try to do it with the boot disk but exactly the same thing...

So where i'm going wrong ? What i have to do ?

Any help welcome :-*

2. alexfoo

I know that the SATA subject has been already discuss. But no one care cause now TI normaly support SATA, if in fact it's only the one from the Silicon controler's, thanks for the others...

I've see some subject about some Bartpe boot CD, but the plugin is for the user who have registred for buy product... Well i would like to try if it work before buying the product...

However, if someone know how to create an image frome boot live CD with acronis plugin, just give a fex explanation on what to do

Thanks

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alexfoo,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the trial version has the following limitations:

- Windows: all functions available, 15-days trial period;
    - Bootable media: Recovery feature available only.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If that doesn't help, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. alexfoo

It doesn't work, so i'm going to jump off the bridge...:'(

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I use ATI on a machine with an Intel chipset and RAID controller and one with a VIA chipset and RAID controller. Both work fine. So it's not just the Sil's Sata that ATI works with.

6. alexfoo

Well, i have to test for the BartPE disc with the TI plugin, and i've got the same matters !!!
    In the BartPE disc (the last one), in attach to him the TI plugin, work great. I attach the NFORCE 4 AMD drivers for SATA, IDE, RAID,etc.... well all the drivers from the manufacturers(6.66 one, the 6.67 won't work with BartPE).
    Pebuilder make the cook for a boot CD with no problem.

I boot with it, no problem, i launch True Image in bartpe environnemnt with no problem... but...
    I' got the exactly the same problem that i'v mentioned before :eek: ... I only can save an image of my external hard disk...

So what i'v done wrong o_O Someone can help me :'(

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alexfoo,

Could you please colloect the information Tatyana requested? Also create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

What do you mean with disabled logging ?
    Is there a setting in Acronis True Image to disable logging ? I must be blind, but I couldn't find one.

9. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You are given the option when installing the downloaded drivers. OK ?

Xpilot

10. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Thank you. Understood. Over and out. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.