Can't create differential bup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by doctorjimbo2, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorjimbo2

doctorjimbo2 Registered Member

After creating a full backup of a partition, I would like to add differential partitions to it. When I go to create a differential backup using the differential backup wizard, after I choose this "base archive" I get the message "Invalid partition data - partition control blocks information incompatible."
    This would be my boot partition, created with Paragon.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Can you give us more information on what the full basic backup was? For instance, the operating system, file system, and encryption involved.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It sounds like the partition you are trying to make a Diff image from - is not being recognized as identical to the one you made the original base image from.

Have you altered the source partition in any way?

4. doctorjimbo2

doctorjimbo2 Registered Member

After reading your replies, it did occur to me that I may have changed the source file size, or done something major like that. I went back and backed up the source partition, deleted one small file and, using the differential backup wizard, successfully made a new backup. Thanks for your help.

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for the update - glad to see you got it sorted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.