Can't connect to remote clients via MC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Deadlines, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadlines

Deadlines Registered Member

Same issue as multiple other people have described using the Windows remote agent on a Windows 2003 R2 x64 server. Every time I go to connect to the remote server w/ the management console, I get the, "Username or password is incorrect" popup. Server has no firewall, cannot connect to itself using a locally installed MC either, it just simply does not work. The service stops as soon as you try to log on to the machine.

Here's a novel idea Acronis, how about finding a real cause and fix for this and posting it in a convenient location.

I won't hold my breath, if there's anything I've learned about Acronis over the past year it's the following:

1. If you get Acronis installed and working, NEVER touch it and NEVER update it. If you do, it will break something without fail. As far as I can tell, Acronis basically doesn't QA any of their products or new releases.

2. If you disregard point # 1, you will be forced to call Acronis support. Upon calling support you will be jerked around for awhile and given useless suggestions, then finally asked to run sysinfo on the machine in question and email them the output (anything to get you off the phone). After you do this, you will again be given zero useful information until you give up in frustration and being uninstalling/reinstalling the Acronis agent and management console and rebooting machines until it suddenly begins working as it should.

3. If you're an enterprise customer (read victim) don't waste your time trying to find a solution in their knowledge base either, there aren't any. This forum is the only possible place to find any solutions, and this is only because many of the frequent posters on it seem to know the product better than Acronis' support staff. This is likely due to the fact that their software breaks so much in the first place, it's certainly not due to a competent and fully trained support staff.

Anyways, trying to get a resolution to any issue w/ Acronis products is invariably akin to pissing in the wind but I figured I'd throw this out there on the off chance another user might have found a solution for it.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Deadlines,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please don't forget to update all installed components as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

If you're using Acronis True Image Echo, please have a look at this Acronis KB article and see if it helps.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the remote computer.

Please also create a screenshot of the error message.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. jsbryner

jsbryner Registered Member

I'm sorry Deadlines, you must have mistaken this for the vicious, unsubstantiated rants forum. I did a forum search and landed on this post hoping to find something of value. As you openly and unprofessionally bash Acronis Support in this thread (and others), you and those like you fill it with even more worthless information; your rants. I've read your other profanity-laced, disrespectful diatribes in this forum (e.g.: "...the support options are sub par for an enterprise product. A third party site hosting one forum that seems to primarily be for the home version is less than satisfactory...") and would say you and those like you directly contribute to the support problem on the user side (i.e.: antagonistic attitude toward support). If users would be more professional and constructive in this, the only official forum, it may improve. I read posts by individuals like you and think that if I were Acronis Support, I'd blacklist or ignore anything posted by you.

So stick to the topic and leave the slanderous and disrespectful language out of this forum. I am sure if you did, posts like yours would be much shorter.

By the way -- I do not work for Acronis nor have any ties to them except for implementing their products for some of my clients. But having implemented the Snap Deploy, TIW, TIS and TISE on well over 300 platforms, I know it is like many other software products in the 21st century; sometimes not thoroughly tested before release, challenging to implement and occasionally problematic. And as far as support is concerned; Acronis is no better or worse than the lot. I've had a lot of success with online (i.e.: chat) technical support and phone support. However, if you understand your infrastructure architecture (especially your network for TISE) you've got half the battle won in implementing Acronis products.

4. Deadlines

Deadlines Registered Member

Vicious? maybe, unsubstantiated? not even close. Considering my rants have been a direct result of the horrible lack of support we've received from Acronis, they're anything but unsubstantiated. My complaints regarding the support are based on real-life experiences dealing with this company and their products. Slanderous? to quote a great film, "I do not think that word means what you think it means..." Your suggestion that my getting rightfully pissed off and not displaying the proper respect (deference?) to Acronis is the cause of their horrible support is also laughable and borders on mindless sycophancy. This much I can assure you, I went into this relationship with Acronis with no prejudices, they are the ones who have an obligation to deliver on their products and time after time they have failed miserably in this respect.

Your generalization about Acronis' support being, "no better or worse than the lot" is your own subjective evaluation. Just as my critical posts on this forum are my own, you're free to take them or leave them. Given that it is the only way to ensure others see what kind of experience their customers are receiving, I feel it is my duty to vociferously state my dissatisfaction. You may be the kind of person who enjoys shelling out several thousand dollars for software which does not deliver on its stated features, but personally this gets me extremely hot under the collar. Incidentally, Acronis never solved this issue, I ended up getting the solution from another poster.

As for your claim that you do not work for Acronis, you "doth protest too much." Stating that you have installed multiple Acronis products on over 300 platforms and yet this is your first time posting on these forums is just freakin' priceless and pretty much proves to me that you are in fact a liar.

In short, "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!" you whiny corporate shill.

5. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

He may also be the kind of person who comprehends that having a complicated solution which involves both the synchronization of hardware and software; with the constant new products and patches released by software vendors that are out of their jurisdiction, would unavoidably cause temporary failure in delivery on its stated features.

This is not your typical microsoft stand-alone word.

Want a one-stop solution? get a MAC and use Time Machine. It's idiot-proof.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.